Re: Making curl 7.9.1 for Mac OS X

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:05:31 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Guido Neitzer wrote:

> I have some problems making the curl library (downloaded from
> http://curl.haxx.se) on Mac OS X.
> I tried to do "./configure" and "make" and got this errors:
>
> cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../src -I../include -g -O2 -c ftp.c
> -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/ftp.lo
> ftp.c:1920: conflicting types for `Curl_ftpsendf'
> ftp.h:31: previous declaration of `Curl_ftpsendf'
> make[2]: *** [ftp.lo] Fehler 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
> make: *** [all] Fehler 2
>
> I have just no experience with "make" and command line tools for
> compiling. So please, has anyone a suggestion what to do now?

This bug has been reported numerous times. It was filed on sourceforge here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100976&aid=484546&group_id=976

and a good patch can be found here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/curl/curl/lib/ftp.h.diff?r1=1.9&r2=1.10

It is just one line in lib/ftp.h that needs to get changed.