Re: Can't view strange Java URL with Curl. Is it possible?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:17:49 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Nick Chirca wrote:

> > Let's not mix curl with curl here. I'm not a fan of general statements like
> > this.
>
> Well, I'm sorry if I said something stupid, especially if this hurt your
> feelings. It may be my English and the fact that I didn't think much on
> how to say that politely... Curl (libcurl) has helped me a lot and I
> thank you Daniel and other guys that helped at this project. It was not
> my intent to offense any of you.

Hey, there's no harm done here. I'm sorry for my hard words.

I feel that it is important for me to object to things that simply isn't true
(at least in my view). This is because this list is being read by some 130
persons right now, and god knows how many when the posts end up on various
web-based email archives. I want things to be right.

> I was just trying to a report a problem, to say that what the persons who
> reported that he gets the HTML code altered is not the only one and that
> I was facing the same problem.

Yes, but you see it with the perl interface. I've not seen anyone report
"data damage" using other interfaces (that weren't subsequently fixed or
explained on user-error).