Re: The first stable thread-safe version of libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 07:51:16 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, yang wang wrote:

> I know libcurl is thread-safe now, however, I'd appreciate if someone
> could tell me that what is the first stable thread-safe version of
> libcurl.

Scan the CHANGES file until you hit the first change that you think has to do
with thred-safeness, then get the version in which that was fixed. You are
gonna get a less working library.

> Definitely I want use the latest one, libcurl-7.9.1, which requires
> autoconf-2.50. However, we are using autoconf-2.13 and an upgrade of it
> seems very unlikely.

a) libcurl does not require autoconf at all. If you're gonna change the
   configure script, then yes, you'll need autoconf 2.50 or later. But if
   you're only using/building the library from the provided sources, you
   just need to run the configure script, which doesn't require any version
   of autoconf.

b) You should upgrade autoconf. If you do *anything* with autoconf, you'll
   appreciate the huge improvments they've made lately. If nothing else,
   you can download, build and install a recent version locally. I do that
   regularly.

> Therefore, I have to head to an earlier version.

Trust me, you don't!