finally

From: Nick Chirca <terra_at_vl.ro>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 17:28:16 +0200 (EET)

After I struglled about an year with an older version of perl libwww, I
discovered cURL. I installed cURL and libcurl to a computer I was able to
buy and use when I make myself some time.

After checking out with ethereal the HTTP headers, I finally was able to
put up some code and login, through a perl script, to a community
site. The site I am starting with is www.findmymate.com, but after I am
done with this, I will be trying to login and use www.blackplanet.com,
personals.excite.com, www.blackvoices.com and other free matchmaking and
community web sites.

One of the projects I have in mind, is to someday be able to send my
CV/resume, to 100-1000 of the online job web sites that are on the
net. For doing that, I will need to be able to play with forms, cookies,
redirects and other tricky security stuff. If I am ever able to do half of
the things described here, my life will get way better, I will be able to
help people in finding the job of their dreams and I may even be able to
make some money out of it and earn a living out of interesting and useful
project.

Anyway, it seems that I am doing progresses with libcurl (perl) and I
thank you people for developing such a powerful scripting tool. While
trying to develop these web agents I told you about above, I will probably
get into difficulties...

The problem I am facing now is this one:

I am trying to fill in a form, a text message that I get from a file.

open F,"text.file";
@data=<F>;
close F;
Curl::easy::setopt($curl, Curl::easy::CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, \@data);

When doing the above, the message is sent, but it's a black message,
meaning the lines from text.file are not sent.

The form looks like this:
<form action="verify_send_messages.cgi?PartnerUsername=blue_eyed&Username=blue_eyed" id="DataEntryForm" method="post" name="DataEntryForm">
blue_eyed</font><br>
        <input name="submit" type="submit" value="Send Message">
              </form>

How am I suppose to fill in this form, some text ?

Thanks !

--
Nick...
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice !"