Re: problems connecting to HTTPS server

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:41:48 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, john lask wrote:

Thanks for your reports and detailed analasys.

> re my last message.
>
> TLSv1 is essentialy SSLv3

Yes, that's basically what I've learned as well.

> I think it is just a matter of getting curl to understand this identity.
> In fact I might try it myself!

A quick test to figure out if this is the case, would be to change the
SSLv3_client_method() in curl/lib/ssluse.c (line 552) to
TLSv1_client_method() and see if that works better (with the -3 option).

I'll try to dig around in the source codes of http tunnel and pavuk to see if
I can see any obvious difference in their use of OpenSSL in this aspect.