Re: canceling a load in progress

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 23:49:29 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Steve Dekorte wrote:

> The progress meter function doesn't work for me. Does it only work when
> you're downloading to a file instead of into memory?

The progress callback has no idea where the data ends up. In fact, only the
actual function that writes the data knows that...

It should indeed work. Can you show us a small example using a progress
callback that doesn't work?

Anyone else experienced problems with this?

> (I got around this problem by adding an extra variable to the memory
> struct and doing my progress stuff in the write memory callback)

That's possible too, but the progress callback gets some other info that
isn't available in the write function, like the expected download size.