Re: Win32: dll?

From: SM <nntp_at_iname.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:47:38 +0400

Hi Alan,
At 16:34 08-10-2001 +0100, Alan White wrote:
>I'm new to the windows dll game so please be gentle. I built libcurl 7.9
using msvc, all seemed to go well.

I am going to use the latest code from CVS as reference as the makefiles
for Windows have been updated since version 7.9.

>The build process produced a .lib file which, after much nonsense from
msvc, I _think_ needs to be renamed .dll. From here it seems I need an
import library to link my app against, so I ran lib against the (now
renamed) libcurl.dll and it produced a libcurl.lib. Problem is the linker
seems to think there's no exported functions to link against in there.

No, .lib is the import library and it should not renamed as libcurl.dll.
If you are using the lib\curllib.dsp project, you will get a libcurl.dll
and a libcurl.lib file. Once you have these files, you are set to use
libcurl in your program.

You should include the path to the curl\curl.h file (the include\
directory). You also have to add libcurl.lib as a library module for your
program. You will have to put the libcurl.dll in the same directory as
your program before running it or else you will get an error about
"libcurl.dll not found".

Regards,
-sm