Re: Memory leak when using curl_easy_perform with Curl 7.6.1 library
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 18:34:18 +0200 (MET DST)
On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Bescon, Guenole wrote:
> I encountered a memory leak during my endurance tests
> The leak seems to be in the curl_easy_perform function
First I must of course agree with Linus. So much has happened since 7.6.1
that you will get a hard time to get me to go hunting bugs there.
Upgrading or not, to find out where the assumed leak is, I would suggest that
1. recompile libcurl with MALLOCDEBUG defined (make sure all libcurl files
2. add a function call to curl_memdebug(filename) before _any_ use of libcurl
3. after having done numerous tests you'll have a huge file in the specified
4. get the memanalyze.pl perl script from the curl CVS and pass that
memory dump file as input.
5. read the output, it identifies memory/file handle/socket leaks in libcurl
6. If you didn't upgrade, do that and then go back to 1. :-) If you did
upgrade, post memanalyze.pl's output to this mailing list!
-- Daniel Stenberg -- curl groks URLs -- http://curl.haxx.se/Received on 2001-09-26