RE: Problem with 'nmake vc-ssl'

From: Nielsen Linus (ext) <Linus.Nielsen_at_elema.siemens.se>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 09:04:13 +0200

> libcurl.lib(ssluse.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _strcasecmp
>
> Please assist. Many thanks in advance!

Hi!

You found an error in ssluse.c. On line 410 is calls the strcasecmp()
function winch does not exist in win32. It should cause the internal
strequal() function instead.

Replace the line:

    if (strcasecmp(peer_CN, conn->hostname) != 0) {

with:

    if (strequal(peer_CN, conn->hostname) != 0) {

And you'll be fine.

You will get some warnings, but I think you can ignore them.

Or maybe even better, download version 7.9 and compile that instead.

/Linus