Re: HELP: problem with curl_easy_perform

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 16:32:31 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Christie, Darren wrote:

> I have a problem with my windows program that when it hits curl_easy_perform
> it kicks up the following error "The memory could not be read". It was only
> by commenting code out that I was able to track it down to this line of
> code.
> The line is:
> curlRes = curl_easy_perform(curl);

It isn't that surprising that you tracked the problem to this particular
function call. It only makes 99% of the entire operation.

> All the options are setup correctly, and succeed.

We'd be very interested in knowing what options you used as they're very
likely to affect, if not cause, this problem.

> I am using VC++ 6, and have compiled libcurl with /MT instead of /MD to
> match my program.

Excuse me, but what's the difference?

> Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening?

Lemme guess wildly (you didn't even mention what version you're using):

* You use the option CURLOPT_FILE but not CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION

* You set a char * to an option and the memory area is illegal by the time
  libcurl tries to access it.

* You've stepped on a bug in libcurl we haven't seen before.