Re: FILE * => fd ?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 08:02:07 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Bjorn Reese wrote:

> I haven't been following this discussion close, but why don't you simply
> provide your own read/write callback functions, which then uses whatever
> mechanism that is optimal for you?

I think Bjorn is hitting his head right on the nail here.

There's no point in us doing all sorts of weird assumptions of what might be
the best solution for most cases here. It is a lot better if we provide a
solid, simple and reasonably intelligent solution by default and then
continue to rely on people to use callbacks when they want to do something
more fancy.

I'm not that convinced anymore that we need to add fd support...

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/