Re: FILE * => fd ?

From: Andrew Francis <locust_at_familyhealth.com.au>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 22:58:57 +0800 (WST)

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Sterling Hughes wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, SM wrote:
>
> > At 22:04 09-08-2001 +0800, Andrew Francis wrote:
> > >Win32 has it's own native file routines - CreateFile, WriteFile, etc.. the
> > >stdio functions are just implemented by the standard C library you happen
> > >to link against.
> >
> > It is more efficient to use CreateFile and WriteFile, etc under Win32.
> >

> Yes, it definitely is.

My (unqualified) 2 cents - the major bottlenecks that are likely to exist
are (a) disk I/O and (b) the network. The overhead introduced by using the
wrappers in the C library are probably negligible.

I don't think it's worth making the curl code more complex to use the
native Win32 functions instead of the stdio stuff.

--
Andrew Francis
locust_at_familyhealth.com.au