Re: weird timings from curl_easy_getinfo

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 15:38:37 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> Looks that libcurl needed too much work to be thread-safe

Why do you say that? I could clearly see it running and downloading a large
number of file simultanously.

> btw, all experiments I did under Linux, which uses user space threads,
> so I just tried FreeBSD. I compiled libcurl and my program with following

It seems that in order to make libcurl do nice multithreading on FreeBSD you
must do some manual fiddling.

You will be interested in the following bug report, titled "libtool broken on
freebsd" posted by Sandro Tolaini:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=441735&group_id=976&atid=100976

I don't have a solution for this, other than the one Sandro mentions in his
report.

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/