Re: weird timings from curl_easy_getinfo

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 10:04:08 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> Seems this list is quite dead :-)

You mean only 45 mails in a single month means "dead" ? ;-)

I'm back. I'm here. I'll try to respond to every posted mail that need my
attention. Just wait.

> Anyway, I did some experiment with
> pthread_mutex_lock/pthread_mutex_unlock and found that indeed libcurl
> isn't thread-safe.

Could you be more specific? If this is the case, it is a bug (or perhaps
several bugs).

Did you do init/perform/cleanup properly for each thread?

> When I lock curl_easy_perform and output I got right numbers but I lost
> all benefits from using thread ! Something is wrong in progress.c -
> different threads could interfere.

This should be corrected. Can you detect why/where/when this happens?

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/