CURL with SSL problems with VC6 makefile

From: Petr Lancaric <Petr.Lancaric_at_ips-ag.cz>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:26:49 +0200

Hello all,

I would like to report the following:

lib/Makefile.vc6 contains bugs, which cased curl crash when compiled with
OpenSSL. It would be corrected as follows:

lib/Makefile.vc6:
-----------------------
Line 295:

Is: $(CCR) $(CFLAGS) strtok.c
Should be: $(CCD) $(CFLAGS) strtok.c

Line 311:

Is: $(CCR) $(CFLAGS) http.c
Should be: $(CCRS) $(CFLAGS) http.c

Line 357:

Is: $(CCR) $(CFLAGS) strtok.c
Should be: $(CCRS) $(CFLAGS) strtok.c

The problem is when http.c is compiled without USE_SSLEAY option, because
difference in some connection structure definition
leads to null pointers in Curl_httpchunk_init (http_chunks.c) function.
generally, it is not good to combine different compile option
for different source files, so I sugest to correct others as well.

I hope, it is is as well a response to George Horn question, see May
mailing-list:
SSL error messages Georg Horn (2001-05-02)

By Petr