Re: License issues with base64.c in libcurl

From: Andrew Francis <locust_at_familyhealth.com.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:22:17 +0800

"SM" wrote:
> >I'm again confused, but in a different way. Could someone quickly
outline
> >what I must do to comply with the curl license, to use it in a
> >closed-source project?
>
> You have to include the copyright notice(s) and the permission notice
in
> the supporting documentation for your closed-source project.

I've actually read the licenses now :) It appears that if I opted to go
with the MIT/X license, I'd have to include that license in my
documentation - and it would basically give the user the right to alter
my executable, or at least the parts of it that contain CURL code :) On
the other hand, section 3.6 of the Mozilla license seems to state that
all I would have to do is inform the user that the program contained
libcurl, and state that it could be downloaded under the terms of the
MPL at http://curl.haxx.se/.

Alternatively, I'm guessing that I could place curl into it's own DLL,
and duplicate the curl license in the documentation, stating that it
only covers LIBCURL.DLL, not any of the other files in the distribution.

--
Andrew "I am not a lawyer" Francis
locust_at_familyhealth.com.au