RE: License issues with base64.c in libcurl

From: SM <nntp_at_iname.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 07:29:47 +0400

Hello,
At 14:42 11-07-2001 -0700, Peter Morelli wrote:
>So even if i'm only dynamically linking to libcurl, I need to include the
>license?

No, you do not need to include the license then (see item 6.2 in the FAQ).
Item 6.5 states:

  6.5. Can I modify curl/libcurl for my program and keep the changes secret?

  Yes!

  The MIT/X derivate license practically allows you to do almost anything
  with the sources, on the condition that the copyright texts in the sources
  are left intact.

There was thread on the cURL mailing list where the licensing issue was
discussed and Daniel provided some answers about using libcurl in a
closed-source program. The cURL license was designed to support both open
source and commercial programs.

Could the person who submitted the base64 code please license it as
mentioned in the Legal file included in the cURL tarball?

Regards,
-sm