Re: (no subject)

From: Bjorn Reese <breese_at_mail1.stofanet.dk>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 08:49:32 +0000

John Affaki wrote:

> The moment I try to run the example (or any other code I wrote using this),
> I get
>
> ./example: error in loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.1: cannot open
>
> yet everything (I installed SSL, libcurl is in the path) should be where it
> is supposed to be...

The path isn't used to search for shared libraries. Instead you should
set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

Another solution is to build libcurl as a static library (.a files)
and link you code with this instead. This cause the libcurl code to
be linked directly into your code, and you will therefore not have
to set up environment variables.