Re: Problem or not?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:35:12 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Nilsson Johan wrote:

> * First I configure a proxy because it is needed
> * The I contact an URL (http) that redirects me to another location
> * It seems somehow that libcurl doesn't connect to the redirected location
>
> * If I try to load a file from an URL without any redirects it works fine!
>
> Is it so that curl "forgets" to go through the proxy when following a
> redirect to a new location? It works fine if I don't use any proxy.
> Accessing the files with a webbrowser works fine. Any ideas appreciated.
> The only differences is that one environment requires a proxy and the
> other on don't.

You can find out really quick (once you have a proxy around) by just
displaying the HTTP request libcurl is passing to the proxy. I've not heard
anyone suffering from a problem like this before.

In fact, I jotted down a new test case right now because of your report, that
follows a Location: while using a http proxy, and it seems to do the correct
thing. (tests/data/test43 is available in the CVS)

I'm of course not ruling out that a bug *may* lurk in there.

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/