Re: PUT method & Perl Curl::Easy Re: Perl-curl-lib : PUT method & CURL_WRITEFUNCTION

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 08:43:55 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001 adulau-curl_at_colorado.g-inter.net wrote:

> But when I run the script I got a segmentation fault.
>
> The PUT is passing on the apache site (the files is created) but without
> the content and the perl script exit on seg fault sig11.
>
> Core was generated by `perl tst-curl.pl'.
> #0 0x400aa1f1 in ?? ()
> (gdb)
>
> Is it a issue between file descriptor and the XS interface to C call
> ? maybe... Do you have any comment on that ? or is it a known issue ?

Both your test scripts identify flaws in the perl interface code.

Unfortunately, the perl interface guys as well as myself are under a lot of
work load right now, making it difficult for us to do any proper debugging in
this matter at present time.

However, previous mails from Cris Bailiff has indicated that you probably
can't use read/write callbacks or specific file descriptors separately, you
must always specify both at the same time.

We would greatly appriciate any further debugging or fixes you can dig up
yourself.

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/