Dump MUTE?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 14:57:22 +0200 (MET DST)

Currently, CURLOPT_MUTE serves one little tiny silly function. If set and an
error occurs in libcurl and CURLOPT_ERRORBUFFER is not set, the error message
is not written to stderr (i.e, if MUTE isn't set the message is written).

I figure that if an application really wants the error message, it would
provide an error message buffer. If it doesn't want the error message,
getting it to stderr is not much of a help anyway.

So, is there anyone in favour of keeping the option in libcurl?

(Yes, we can still keep it in the include file to let older programs compile
error-free.)

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/