Re: Netscape cookie file

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 15:17:51 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Andrés García wrote:

> > Speaking of the netscape cookie file, is there anyone who would be willing
> > to dig down the mozilla source to figure out what the second field in every
> > line means?
>
> According to a description of the format I have got, it means:
>
> flag: A TRUE/FALSE value indicating if all machines within a given domain
> can access the variable. This value is set automatically by the browser,
> depending on the value you set for the domain.
>
> As far as I can see, it is set to true when the cookie says .domain.com
> and to false when the domain is complete www.domain.com

Thanks!

Then I guess that means that if that field is set FALSE, we could/should do
full string matching on the host name instead of matching only the right part
as we do now (and should continue to do if it says TRUE).

I'd need to study the relevant specs first though. I added your description
above to the lib/cookie.c source file so it won't be forgotten...

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/