Re: problem configure curl lib on unix

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 08:15:26 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 22 May 2001, Li Chen wrote:

> I want to make curl lib a static library on unix so that I can link my c
> source codes to it.

(to build only a static version, invoke configure with --disable-shared)

> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
> cannot create executables.
> *** Error code 1
>
> The compiler gcc can run well on my machine. Could you give me any
> suggestions? Thanks!

Check the 'config.log' and try to figure out what the script did exactly that
failed.

Do you have more than one gcc version installed?

Another attempt would be to try the 7.7.4-pre3 release archive from the beta
section on the web site, as that configure script is generated with a much
newer autoconf.

--
     Daniel Stenberg -- curl dude -- http://curl.haxx.se/