Re: libcurl in multithread environnement

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:16:28 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Bruno Ricci wrote:

> I actually develop an application that uses libcurl and the gnu pth
> library (built with the enable-syscall-hard option) on Linux
>
> However, when two active threads try to get an url I got segmentation
> faults
>
> Are there any options to set before buildind the library ??

You're the second person in just the last week or so that have experienced
problems when using libcurl multi-threaded.

(I assume you're not using the libcurl handle over thread boundaries or
anything.)

No, libcurl should always build thread-safe if your OS has thread-safe
versions of the libc/resolver functions (as Linux does).

Would you be capable of doing some more research/debugging to see what, more
exactly, in libcurl that causes these problems?