Re: patch for ftp resume

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:31:16 +0200 (MET DST)

On 25 Apr 2001, Frederic Lepied wrote:

> So what other on this list think about returning OK when asked for a
> resume while the file is already complete ? IMO it would be more simple
> for the application.

I figure in most cases the application wants a successful download to return
OK, and when the entire file is downloaded it is a successful download.

However, if we return OK, the application can't use the return code to detect
this particular condition (as it can now). It could of course still know
this, as it would return OK while the write callback was never used.

I'd appriciate comments from the list.

> BTW is it possible with the libcurl to implement a mirroring program ?

libcurl is perfectly suited to use for mirroring programs (too).