Re: linking/using libcurl in apps: curl-config

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:14:31 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Michael Mealling wrote:

> > Is there anything else you think applications will need to know?
>
> You might be able to parse it out of the libs line but being able to find
> out if curl was compiled with things like SSL or LDAP would help since I
> could then know if the curl that's installed has features my app would
> need...

Good point. Now, the LDAP support is not possible to detect "passively" as
that relies on the presense of a shared openldap library that libcurl can
use.

But curl-config can now tell about specific libcurl features with:

% curl-config --feature
SSL
KRB4

... which says my libcurl supports SSL and KRB4.