Re: Resuming on persistent connection

From: Puneet Pawaia <puneet.pawaia_at_scconline.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:13:37 +0530

At 08:23 PM 17/04/01, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Puneet Pawaia wrote:
>
> > I am using libcurl 7.7 on win98 with VC++6
> >
> > I am creating a curl handle and then going into a loop to download files
> > that are numbers sequentially till no more files are found.
>
>Are you doing the downloads using the same libcurl handle and you're not
>using a proxy? Then you've hit a bug in 7.7 and should upgrade to 7.7.1...

Actually, the loop is intentional. I was trying to give an idea of what I
am trying to do, which is download files till none are left. So I don't
think there is any problem there.

> > This is working fine if the first file is started from the beginning.
> >
> > However, if the first file is being resumed from some point using curl
> > option to resume, then the first file id downloaded correctly but the
> > remaining files are truncated by the amount the first file is to resume
> > from. I am calling the Curl option for resuming with a value of 0 when a
> > new file is started.
>
>This is a bug. I can see it in the code right now... I'll have to work on
>this, I'll get back with a patch later.

I will keep an eye out for the patch.

> > If I create the curl handle every time in the loop, then the problem does
> > not arise. This leads me to believe that perhaps the resume value for 0
> > is being ignored or not being set the second time.
>
>It is actually an internal variable that is set the first time and is not
>properly reset between the transfers.
>
> > Is this a bug or am I doing some thing wrong ?
>
>As a workaround, use close/init between the transfers.

Yes. I am using this workaround right now but would prefer to use the
patch/update because this means that the connection to the ftp server has
to be negotiated each time a file is to be downloaded and this takes time.

Regards
Puneet