RE: Java interface

From: Bob Schader <bobs_at_product-des.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:05:28 -0400

I wrote a basic java interface using swig earlier, but
abandoned it after finding what I needed specifically
in w3c's jiwsaw client library for java.

What I did end up doing with curl though, was that I had
to make my own routines in c to add to the main libcurl.dll
(should also work on unix libs) that contained the basic
logic for doing a file transfer, then use swig to create
java stubs, etc. This was largely due to the fact that
swig (might be java limitation too) could not handle
interfacing to functions that can accept varargs.

Most of what I did was using curl 7.6.?. I would be glad to
contribute what I have in this area, but like I said, it was
pretty limited, all I used it for was testing the file
status on the remote end, and either putting or resuming the
put depending. Let me know if anyone wants it, I also
don't have much in the way of docs for exactly what I had
done, but the swig stuff should cover most of the
main details.

Bob

Bob Schader
CAD Systems Admin