Re: Installation on Mac OSX

From: Ken Sayward <saywake_at_qtm.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 11:32:14 -0500

I don't for an instant consider myself an expert, but the following extract
from my script works every time. This is without SSL. If you want to include
SSL support, then first get the darwin openssl 0.9.5a archive, and install
it. then add
"--with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl" to the configure command.

   tar -zxvf [source tarball]
   cd [resulting source directory]
   ./configure --host=powerpc-apple-macos --with-gnu-malloc=no --bindir=/bin
--mandir=/usr/share/man
   make CC="cc -pipe" CFLAGS=-O3
   make test
   make install

Any other problems, please email me directly.

Regards,

-KenS