Re: Curl beginner needs help in installation

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 16:31:37 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Peter Fürsicht wrote:

(I'd suggest you move this to the curl-and-php list and I CC my reply there.)

> I need Curl to post from a php4 script data to a credit-card-company in a
> ssl-posting. My Problem is, that these script is running on one of our
> biggest German provider called PURETEC - and so, i don´t have telnet and
> i don´t have root-rights - so pls., tell me what can I do to install
> Curl. OpenSSL is installed from the provider on my webspace.

Well, if you want to use the built-in curl module, I don't see how you can do
that without building PHP with curl support and use that, either yourself or
someone that has root access.

If you're not root and can't make any root guy to do this, you're probably
left with using the curl command line tool and not the PHP functions.