Re: cURL convert to Visual C++ problem

From: Bob Schader <rschader_at_product-des.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 06:30:56 -0500

> On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Chen Fock Siong wrote:
>
> (CC'ed to the curl mailing list)
>
> I try to compile the cURL source code using the Visual C++ 6.0, I
> encountered some casting problem, I am able to solve the problem. But I
> have the problem with 1 of the source file (getdate.c & getdate.y) It
> given me a lot of errors, which i don't know how to solve.

I personally get quite a few warnings with getdate.[cy] on VC++6, but
it still worked, so I didn't worry about it. VC doesn't like bison-yacc
stuff in my opinion.

> Yes, the docs/examples/ directory of the release archive contains no less
> than four different example programs that work with libcurl. They're generic
> and work for all platforms (except for win32 that needs the socket init calls
> separately).

I am in the middle of developing a libcurl with some support for
using it from java, and in that environment I have found that I
don't need to init the socket calls at all, apparently the java
env takes care of that already.

Bob Schader