Re: designing multiple file support in libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:52:41 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Johan Nilsson wrote:

> It would be nice if curl would keep a "list" of the open connections so
> that we can do parallell downloads of several files from different
> servers (using only one connection to each server).

When I speak of "multiple files" and "persistant connections" I don't mean
parallel download, as in downloading more than one file at a single given
moment.

Adding special support for parallel download is not what I consider
important. Anyone can already use libcurl today and just fork off new threads
to do parallel downloads. I don't see this as a vital library feature.

I'd rather not work with parallel downloads with the same libcurl handles and
stuff since sharing the same data resources in multiple threads means much
OS-specifics and nasty stuff I'd rather have libcurl stay away from.

> Is it possible to use the same connection for parallell transfers?

No. You need multiple connections.