Re: Question: Possible ways to use libcurl from a Browser on client side

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 16:25:51 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Bob Schader wrote:

> Looking for ideas on how libcurl might be used or embedded (similar to
> java applet) into a browser on the client side. I believe PHP curl
> support is only relevant on the server side? Would it be possible to
> convert it to java or use native interface, etc and call it from a java
> app? Any suggestions appreciated,

I can think of these two approaches:

* Write it completely in java. Java-applets work. That wouldn't use libcurl
  at all then of course.

* Write a plugin that your browser can use for whatever purpose you can think
  of. This can of course do anything but it'll force you to supply binary
  plugins for every possible user.