Re: Test of resuming PUT's with curl and mod-dav

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 18:11:33 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, Bob Schader wrote:

> According to a recent email from the mod-dev group, "Range" headers are
> for GET requests, while "Content-Range" headers are for PUT requests.
> Maybe we have to just change "Range" to "Content-Range".

Hm, maybe we should do better if we read the specs first? ;-)

> I can try this on my test java app I wrote.

Changing to Content-Range: for non-GET requests is a very easy patch. Apply
the attached one.

An alternative test-approach would be to set a custom header and do a normal
put with curl:

  curl -T FILE -H "Content-Range: bytes=200-300" URL

... I mean to figure out what the receiving end actually wants.