libcurl torture test

From: Johan Nilsson <johan_at_nnl.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 17:13:24 +0100

Hello!

Just wanted to tell every curl fan that I made something like a torture test
with libcurl under Linux.

I've got a Linux setup with one HTTP-server and one FTP-server and I decided to
test libcurl's stability (for download only).

I've created an application that starts 24 threads and then I start a download
in each thread, i.e. 24 parallell downloads. I use 22 HTTP transfers and 2 FTP
transfers (using 24 different mp3 files as source). The application uses its
own write and progress function and monitors transfer status and checks that
everything is OK. I then repeated the test 1000 times (yes, 24000 downloads!)
without restarting the application. Everything was perfect! No segmentation
faults etc. Very impressive! My impression is that libcurl is very very stable!

Regards

Johan