getting results back into a dynamically allocated buffer...

From: Michael Mealling <michael_at_bailey.dscga.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 23:49:10 -0500

Hi,
  This may be a FAQ but here goes:
  I'm posting some XML to a server and expecting some XML back. Setting
CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION to a function that fills in a buffer that I set
by fudging CURLOPT_FILE by passing it a (char *) instead of a (FILE *)
is kind of obvious. What I'm trying to do is figure out a way
to keep track of how big the buffer is so I can realloc it to take
care of large results from the server. I'm sure that, with all of the XML
stuff going on these days, this would almost be a standard problem...

Thanks!

-MM