HTTPS fetch using client-cert?

From: Scott Cantor <cantor.2_at_osu.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 01:18:03 -0400

Has anybody had success using the curl -E option (or libcurl equivalent) to
generate an HTTPS request with a client-side cert? I don't have a lot of
experience with OpenSSL, but I *think* I've got a correct RSA key and
self-signed cert generated correctly.

I'm getting a generic "couldn't use certificate!" error, but nothing
specific logged from the SSL_cert_stuff function in ssluse.c

After looking at the code in that function, it looks to me like the code is
expecting a single file to contain both the certificate and the RSA private
key, which seems odd to me. It might be possible to get OpenSSL to do that
(don't know how) but ordinarily one wouldn't anyway.