curl-and-python

Moving off of SourceForge (Was: Re: PycURL 7.21.5 released)

From: Oleg Pudeyev via curl-and-python <curl-and-python_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 20:27:12 -0500

On Thu, 7 Jan 2016 00:18:43 +0100 (CET)
Daniel Stenberg via curl-and-python <curl-and-python_at_cool.haxx.se>
wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Jan 2016, Oleg Pudeyev via curl-and-python wrote:
>
> > http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/ChangeLog
>
> Time to move off sourceforge, please?
>
> 'uBlock Origin' and I'm sure other popular adblockers are blocking
> users from sourceforge in general, and while we can work around that
> fine, Sourceforge's general policy of willingly and deliberately
> spreading malware should not be tolerated.
>
> Thanks for considering.

I did not realize sourceforge was naughty. We can certainly move
elsewhere.

PycURL uses SF for hosting documentation and downloads. I'm looking at
using GitHub Pages for the former and Bintray for the latter. GitHub
Releases do not seem like a good fit as current PycURL releases have 36
binaries per release with another 12 coming in when I figure out how to
build wheels. Open to other suggestions.

Oleg