curl-and-python

Re: Win32: ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

From: Jim Bell <Jim_at_jc-bell.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 10:12:39 -0500

> On Sun, 18 May 2014 07:54:03 -0500
> Jim Bell <Jim_at_JC-Bell.com> wrote:
>
>>> Using pycurl linked against one crt with python linked against
>>> another crt will either not work at all or will produce subtle
>>> bugs/crashes in some scenarios. Short version: pycurl must be
>>> compiled against the same crt python, and libcurl, are compiled
>>> against. This might require libcurl to be recompiled against
>>> whatever crt python was compiled against.
>>
>> I did not realize Python changed MSVC versions between minor
>> releases. I drafted an amendment to the INSTALL file documenting
>> this situation. If you don't mind, please look it over to see if
>> anything should be added/changed:
>>
>> https://github.com/pycurl/pycurl/pull/185

Looks good!

If anyone does a web-search for 'ImportError: DLL load failed...' they
should at least find this discussion thread, which will lead them to the
answer. It would probably be too much to try to put that particular
symptom in the INSTALL or README, wouldn't it? (And they don't always
get read anyway.)