curl-and-python

How to compile pycurl library correctly on win32?

From: Maosheng Chen <maosheng.chen_at_ubisoft.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 12:53:40 +0800

Hello,

This email is from a pycurl user.

Currently we encounterd a crash inside pycurl.pyd, but no corresponding symbol file to be traced, so we would like to know how to compile pycurl library on win32.

We downloaded pycurl.pyd from here: http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/download/00-OLD-VERSIONS/pycurl-ssl-7.16.4.win32-py2.4.exe, just directly installed to python24 folder without compilation,
the size of this pycurl.pyd is 861KB.

But if I downloaded pycurl source code from here: http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/download/00-OLD-VERSIONS/pycurl-7.16.4.tar.gz, and tried to compile it with libcurl&python24 support (My win32
project only contains one file: pycurl.c). But the size of pycurl.pyd is totally different, the release version is 254KB and debug version is 517KB.

I'm sure there was something wrong with my compilation flow, but I don't know why. Do I miss some files or does it need more libraries integrated?

Any hint would be appreciated.

Regards,
Maosheng