pycurl 7.19.3 release plan
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 15:11:39 -0500
I mentioned a while ago that I wanted to release 7.19.3 before the end
of the year. Here is how the situation presently looks:
- Python 3 support has not had any bugs reported against it since it
was merged. I found and fixed one issue post merge.
- Windows builds against python 3 are working. 7.19.3 will come with
python 3 builds.
- I do not have 64 bit windows machines, so windows builds will all be
32 bit for now.
- There has been a somewhat long standing issue where pycurl could be
built without crypto locks for the ssl library being employed. I now
added switches to setup.py to specify the ssl library and pycurl will
enforce that the same library is used at build time and runtime.
This the potential to break easy_install/pip; for them, environment
variables have been added that users can set to indicate which ssl
library libcurl uses. Ideas for improving the user experience are
Linux distributions and such should specify appropriate options to
setup.py in their package build system.
On windows, winssl builds work because pycurl has no crypto locks for
winssl. Openssl builds might fail. I have not yet succeeded in
building pycurl against openssl on windows so I am going to wait for
bug reports, preferably with patches or at least build instructions.
For more details, please see the pull request below. It also includes
- Remaining windows crt issues have been around for 5+ years and will
be fixed in the next release.
- The version number is 7.19.3 because I added constants from 7.19.1
Please test the current master. If no regressions are reported I will
try to release 7.19.3 before January 1st.
-- Please remove +pycurl from the email address if mailing privately. _______________________________________________ http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/curl-and-pythonReceived on 2013-12-27