curl-and-python

Pycurl and libcurl

From: André Cruz <andre.cruz_at_co.sapo.pt>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 00:26:05 +0100

Hello.

I have some questions about Pycurl and libcurl.

1- From what I read, libcurl is event-based, and I've noticed that the
thread that calls my READFUNCTION callback is not the same thread that
I used to call curl.perform(). Is this libcurl's event-loop thread?
This means that I cannot call blocking functions in that callback,
right? Does libcurl use only one thread for all its operations?

2- Libcurl supports pausing READ and WRITE operations, which I could
use instead of blocking in my callback, if that's not an option.
Pausing is not supported in Pycurl, it seems, but there is a patch to
add that support
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3170067&group_id=28236&atid=392779). Is there a reason why this is not integrated yet in one of Pycurl's
repositories?

Thanks for the help,