curl-and-python

RE: PycURL status

From: Utsav Sabharwal <tashywashysachy_at_live.in>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 09:30:04 +0530

Hie André,

I think pycurl is really stable to be used in production and even after no updates its still the best when compared to other available options in python. (even better than async IO technologies)

I know very many top notch python based companies who enjoy pycurl as their choice for web crawling.

That being said, pycurl is nothing but c-python mapping of curl. The only major limitation you shall face of no updates in two years is you wont be able to make advantage of latest updates of curl (just in case you need them)

About memory leaks etc why dont you make the code and report a bug where you stuck. I assure you to the best of my capability I would try and resolve the issue in real time. (And I think there might be more developers around the world which would help you out)

Would love to listen your experience of using pycurl at production.

Thanks

d_r_a_g_o_s