curl-and-python

Re: socks (5) options

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 14:41:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011, Ammar Lilamwala wrote:

> CURLOPT_SOCKS5_GSSAPI_SERVICE
> CURLOPT_SOCKS5_GSSAPI_NEC
>
> Looks like both these options were added in the release 7.19.4 even though I
> have libcurl 7.20.1, the pycurl version I am running is still 7.19.0

Oh, you're right. I've just completely forgot about them. Your pycurl most
likely don't know about them though.

> The final proxytype you have mentioned CURLPROXY_SOCKS5_HOSTNAME is a
> libcurl option. Do you know the equivalent pycurl command?

pycurl is a very thin layer so I expect it to be named similarly. Read the
code to find out?

> I don't have PROXYTYPE_SOCKS5_HOSTNAME in my pycurl option set. Do you
> reckon this could have to do with me requiring a new version of pycurl?

Yes. And AFAIK, there is no newer around so you either have to get it from
CVS, or if it isn't support there either, write up the missing support code.

> The last windows binary for pycurl seems to be 7.19. Do you know if any new
> releases are due anytime soon?

Nope, I'm not involved in that process.

I do however know that the question of new releases come up from time to time
and I believe the pycurl community will appreciate helping hands to make a new
release happen.