curl-and-python

Re: curl-and-python Digest, Vol 60, Issue 2

From: John Skopis <jskopis_at_lakeshoreint.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 17:10:37 -0500

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2011, John Skopis wrote:
>
>>> libcurl has a default path for CAINFO set internally. If you need to
>>> change that then it is entirely up to your app how to do it!
>>
>> The app is pycurl. Running the test below fails because CAINFO is set to
>> None in pycurl.
>
> I would think that purl doesn't have to set CAINFO at all by default. All
> libcurl builds (execept for Windows) ones will have decent defaults
> built-in.
>
>> I am wondering what is the best way to initialize pycurl.CAINFO, using the
>> library default?
>
> Don't do anything!

Thanks, I wish it were that easy. Running the test.py script results
in an error for me.

Does the script run successfully for you?

This is what I get:

Testing libcurl/7.21.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8b zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5 libssh2/0.18
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test.py", line 24, in <module>
    c.perform()
pycurl.error: (77, 'error setting certificate verify locations:\n
CAfile: \n CApath: none\n')

Thanks again,
John