curl-and-python

maintaining pycurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:41:48 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, Christopher Warner wrote:

(I changed the subject)

> Thanks this will be helpful and a libcurl error involving Allegrograph maybe
> fixed by the ref patch. I am noticing that there are some critical patches
> that are just floating about, has anyone tried to contact the maintainers?

The original author and maintainer has basically said he's absent and won't be
able to do pycurl work for the moment. He might return to the project in the
future.

In his absense, I have admin rights on the sourceforge project and I've added
a few committers to the project but they seem to not actively do much.

If anyone here is interested to step up, merge in patches and possibly make a
release or two of pycurl then I am willing to hand over the necessary powers
to enable that.