curl-and-python

Compiling/installing from source on windows

From: Henry Baxter <henry.baxter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:18:15 -0700

I am trying to build and install pycurl with ssl for python 2.6. I have
compiled openssl, and I have compiled libcurl with ssl support using the
newly compiled openssl. When I run python setup.py --curl-dir=path/to/curl
pycurl is installed. However, it doesn't support SSL.
I started looking at the setup.py and setup_win32_ssl.py files and I found
them a little confusing. I tried setting all the hard coded variables in
setup_win32_ssl.py appropriately and running it but it just installs pycurl
without ssl support without errors.

So, is there something special I'm missing? Any idea one where to start
looking for problems?

Thanks for your time!