curl-and-python

new to curl

From: Khalil KHAMLICHI <kontactel.support_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 12:33:55 +0000

My problem is as follows :
i need to query a database on some website & gather the responses into a
text file.
i would for example query this database for let's says the word "dinner";
then what i need to know is only the url that i get back from the database,
i don't really need to know what is the content of the page i get. i only
need to get the url into my text file right next to the word i already had
posted in my query.

example text file resulting should look like:

dinner http://my_db_website.com/this_is_response_x.asp
breakfast http://my_db_website.com/this_is_response_y.asp
joke http://my_db_website.com/this_is_response_z.asp
house http://my_db_website.com/this_is_response_e.asp

which will be injected into another database for further treatment.

well, its this simple.
I hope i get many replies that would help me get it done as soon as
possible.

thanks in advance