curl-and-python

Re: SSL certificates bundle for pycurl?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 21:42:54 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007, Alexander Belchenko wrote:

> I read this page: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html and section 4 says
> that curl library will find certificate bundle file automatically.

Then let me quote a significant part of that section 4:

   "If you're using the curl command line tool"

I repeat: The curl command line tool. It features some extra magic that the
library does not. When you're using pycurl, you don't use the curl command
line tool.

> Does this means that I always need to specify bundle file manually?

Yes, as Windows generally has no default CA cert bundle libcurl knows of no
such on Windows.