curl-and-python

RE: what version of python?

From: Jeff Barrett <jbarrett_at_corpstar.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:19:25 -0400

Followed these instructions and I get the following error:

import pycurl
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: libcurl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

This seems to be related to the fact that it built the libraries as,
libcurl.so.3 and not libcurl.so.2 as pycurl seems to have been expecting.

What could I be doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Jeff